Getting Started with Frankincense
From enhancing spiritual and meditative practice to use in beauty routines, Frankincense essential oil is one of the most powerful essential oils and has a broad range of uses. The earthy, uplifting aroma is perfect for grounding and spiritual connectedness. In addition to elevated spiritual experiences, Frankincense can help you maintain the appearance of radiant skin. Its ability to smooth the appearance of healthy skin explains why this oil is a key ingredient in our Boswellia Wrinkle Cream™.
Frankincense has been traded around the Middle East and Africa for more than 5,000 years. In many parts of the world, it is considered a holy anointing oil and has been used for thousands of years in religious ceremonies. During ancient times, it was valued more than gold and only those with great wealth and abundance had access to it. Frankincense is mentioned in one of the oldest known scientific records, the Ebers Papyrus, dating from the 16th century B.C. Frankincense contains the naturally occurring constituents alpha-pinene, limonene, sabinene, and beta caryophyllene. These constituents play a major role in blends like Brain Power, Awaken, Highest Potential, Forgiveness, and popular personal care products.
Young Living also offers Frankincense Vitality essential oil. It is the same pure essential oil but is labeled specifically for internal use. This immune-supporting superstar can help bolster your oral health and hygiene and support your overall health and well-being.*
11 Ways to use Frankincense & Frankincense Vitality essential oil:
- Elevate your beauty routine by adding Frankincense to your daily facial moisturizer for a radiant glow and to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Turn a boring nighttime routine into a luxurious getaway with Frankincense essential oil. Play some soft music and take a momentary escape to soothe your skin and balance your spirit.
- Pamper yourself—help reduce the appearance of uneven skin and blemishes by gently massaging anywhere skin needs a boost, aided by the lotion or carrier oil your skin loves most.
- Create a safe and comforting environment by diffusing this oil’s empowering aroma, particularly when you are seeking purpose or engaged in prayer or meditation.
- Add Frankincense to the back of your neck during yoga and meditation for calming aromatic properties that can support spirituality and inner strength.
- Promote feelings of relaxation by diffusing during your nightly routine. Frankincense blends well with Cedarwood, Lavender, and Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood.
- Add it to V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex and massage into muscles after a workout or prolonged activity.
- Add a few drops to a Young Living Lavender Bath bomb and drop in a warm back for a spa-like experience.
- Apply Frankincense to the back of your neck and temples while studying to create an uplifting and focused atmosphere.
- Add 1-2 drop of Frankincense Vitality to your daily dose of Ningxia Red to enjoy the smooth flavor and support healthy immune function.
- Add 1-2 drops of Frankincense Vitality to a vegetarian capsule daily to support your overall health. Try it combined with a drop of Copaiba Vitality and Lemon Vitality!
* The statements and information regarding this product have not been evaluated by the FDA. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Most of the product information describing Young Living products is directly from Young Living Essential Oils, LC, and can be found online at YoungLiving.com