How to Use Oils Aromatically
Using essential oils aromatically is one of the most powerful ways to enjoy their benefits! Aromas are processed in the body before we are consciously aware of it, and they can set the mood and atmosphere in any environment. The sense of smell is directly connected to the limbic lobe of your brain, also known as the emotional control center. The limbic lobe is responsible for your mood, memory, behavior, feelings, and emotions, and it is connected to the olfactory bulb in the nose. When a scent arrives to the limbic system, your body responds by releasing unique chemicals into your brain, causing different reactions, depending on the aromas detected.
The same concept applies to aromas from essential oils! Those scents can set the mood or bring up memories before you are even aware of it. The sense of smell can have a profound impact on your emotions and inner desires.
Your sense of smell serves as a channel to connect to your inner systems. Next time you diffuse your favorite essential oil to eliminate odors, know that you are experiencing more benefits than just a good-smelling room!
Some ways you can experience the aromatic benefits of essential oils
- Diffuse! You have a diffuser in your kit, open it up and start using it today!
- Put a few drops in your hand, cup your nose, and slowly inhale.
- Apply to your wrists or neck for an aromatic boost throughout the day.
- Apply a few drops to your diffuser jewelry of choice.
- Add 2-3 drops to cotton balls and place them around your home.
- Make a linen spray or bedroom mist by mixing essential oils and water in a glass spray bottle.
This post first appeared in the Young Living Training and Education Group