Toxin/Bio Accumulation – But It’s Such a Small Amount
Ok we get it, chemicals in cleaning in products are bad. How many of you have heard someone say, “But there’s such a small amount of chemicals in these products, does it really matter?” Or “I’ve been using them for years and I’m fine.”
Have these thoughts ever crossed your mind?
Consider the effects of bioaccumulation. The EPA has stated that small amounts of chemicals are not harmful to the body, but what happens when a small amount of chemicals are found in every single product you use and you use these products every single day, every week, every month for the rest your life?
A small amount of chemicals in your personal care products, hair products, detergents, and cleaning products can add up to big problems and this can put a significant burden on your body. This is called body burden. You feel fine, until one day, you are don’t. Chemicals can stay in your body and build up over time.
- Some chemicals accumulate in our bodies over time
- Impacts may show up long after exposure
- Some chemicals can become harmful or more toxic in combination with other chemicals
- Chemicals can have more impact during certain periods of development (womb, infancy, puberty)
- Even tiny doses can be very potent
This post first appeared in the Young Living Training and Education Group