Tips from Young Living
How to take care of your diffuser
Whether you’re creating new blends that remind you of your favorite places or firing up your old standbys like Lavender, Lemon, or Peppermint to create a familiar aromatic ambiance, chances are your Young Living diffuser puts in a lot of hours. Cleaning your diffuser is important, since oil residue can build up on the inside, affecting how well it works. Make sure to show your diffuser some love! These tips will show you how to clean your diffuser quickly and easily, so you can get back to filling the room with all the right scents.
How to Clean Your Ultrasonic Diffuser
(for use with the Aria™, Rainstone™, Dewdrop™, Desert Mist™, Lantern, and other diffusers with an ultrasonic plate)
- Turn off and unplug your diffuser.
- Fill the water reservoir halfway to the fill line with filtered water.
- Run the diffuser in a well-ventilated area for up to 5 minutes
- Empty the diffuser.
- Dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and clean the ultrasonic plate to remove any extra buildup.
- 6. Rinse the reservoir with water; then wipe it clean and dry up excess water with a soft cloth.
- Add water and essential oils; then diffuse away!
YL Tip: Rinse and wipe out your diffuser after every use. This will help minimize the essential oil buildup. Deep clean your diffuser 1-2 times a month.
YL Tip: Is something on your diffuser damaged or not working? Check out our replacement parts!
How to clean your atomizing diffuser
(for use with the AromaLux™ and other diffusers with an atomizer)
1. Turn off and unplug your diffuser.
2. Dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and swab to clean all areas of the diffuser.
3. Add essential oil of choice to the atomizer and diffuse away!
Troubleshooting your diffuser
Having problems getting your diffuser to work properly? Check out the troubleshooting video below for some quick tips!
Still shopping for a diffuser? Check out the high-quality diffusers available from Young Living and then head over to our Diffuser Blends to start scenting.
The post How to Care for Your Diffuser first appeared on the Young Living blog.
Check out these popular Young Living diffusers.