Healthy indulgence: Citrus rosemary olive oil cake
Dessert alert! Olive oil cakes are a delicious, showstopping dessert that gets guests raving—and with the added pop of Lemon, Orange, and Rosemary Vitality™ essential oils, this recipe is especially scrumptious. You’ll wish time travel were invented so you could share the recipe with yourself earlier! Featuring whole-food ingredients and no refined sugar, this olive oil cake is a light, indulgent treat for any occasion. And yes, simply wanting cake counts as an occasion! With the bright, complex notes of lemon, orange, and rosemary and an optional glaze topping, this cake recipe is a must-try.
Rosemary Citrus Olive Oil Cake
Treat your taste buds to Lemon, Orange, and Rosemary Vitality essential oils! Greek yogurt adds a tangy twist, while olive oil adds a richness that makes you feel like royalty.
PRINT recipe by using the green share button
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 drops Lemon Vitality™ essential oil
- 4 drops Orange Vitality™ essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary Vitality™ essential oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine orange juice, honey, extra-virgin olive oil, vanilla extract, Vitality oils, and Greek yogurt into a large bowl. Whisk by hand or with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add one egg at a time to the mixture, then whisk again.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to incorporate.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while continuously mixing. Mix until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Pour the cake batter into your greased cake pan and place in the preheated oven for 45–60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool while you make the yogurt glaze, then remove the cake from the pan.
- YL tip: There are many factors that affect baking time, such as oven type, altitude, and air pressure differences. If your cake seems not to be fully set after baking for the 45–60 minutes, try increasing the temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and cover the cake dish with foil to avoid overcooking the top of the cake. Keep a close eye on your cake and check in 3–5-minute increments until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Yogurt glaze topping
YL tip: Want to customize this dessert to your flavor favorites? Simply substitute the Vitality oils used in this recipe for your favorites. Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, Cardamom, or Lime would be delicious flavor options.