Tips from Young Living
Skin Care with DIY Coffee Scrub & DIY Hand Balm
These DIY Coffee Scrubs and DIY Hand Balm would make the perfect gifts this year! The Coffee Scrub uses common household ingredients and smells amazing, while the hand balm is customizable to whatever skin loving oils you love! Both of these recipes are quick and easy to make.
DIY Coffee Scrub Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely ground coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar (we used dark brown sugar)
- 10-20 drops essential oils of your choice (we used grapefruit!)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a bowl.
- Slowly add the liquid combination to the dry combination. Stir well.
- Separate into air tight containers and finish it off with a bow or ribbon!
DIY Hand Balm
- 6 Tbsp Shea Butter
- 6 Tbsp Beeswax (Grated)
- 3 Tbsp Almond Oil
- 10 Drops Frankincense essential oil
- 10 Drops Lavender essential oil
- Slowly melt the shea butter and beeswax in a double boiler.
- Stir while melting.
- Once melted, add almond oil. Stir well.
- Allow to cool slightly, and stir in essential oils. Be cautious not to let the mixture harden.
- Pour mixture into air tight containers and allow to fully harden.
- Apply to knuckles and hands as needed!
The post first appeared in the Young Living Training & Education group