Maintain your mane at home with this DIY hair mask
Envious of the thick, long, healthy-looking hair that you see on social media? Same! Let us help you achieve your influencer hair goals in a natural, sweet-smelling way.
The root of the problem for most unhealthy and breakable hair is, well, your roots. Use this DIY hair mask infused with Rosemary and Ginger to give your scalp a well-deserved treat and get the selfie-ready hair you’ve been searching for.
Why use Ginger essential oil?
Get ready to invigorate your scalp with the warm spice and everything nice vibes of Ginger essential oil! Ginger has been spicing up natural remedies for centuries. The spice was used anciently in India and China and taken to the Mediterranean as early the 1st century AD. It’s now found around the world, and the same is true for the essential oil.
Ginger essential oil, often used in massage, contains the naturally occurring constituent geranial. Combine this trio with a gentle yet stimulating aroma and you have the ideal oil for a rejuvenating scalp massage.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. Rosemary EO is “hair” for you!
Yes, we wrote a poem about Rosemary. That’s how much we love this herby and earthy essential oil. Rosemary has a fresh, invigorating scent that refreshes the senses; but even better, it’s all about making sure you have bouncy, buoyant locks.
Rosemary essential oil, like Ginger, elevates any massage with its warm, bright aroma, making it a must for a DIY hair mask. You’re truly nurturing with nature when you add Rosemary oil to your hair care routine.
What is a carrier oil and why do I need it for my DIY hair mask?
Carrier oils are commonly used in essential oil DIYs to dilute the potency of those powerful little drops. Carrier oils don’t evaporate or have a strong smell, so they won’t compete with the scents of the essential oils in your creation.
You will need a carrier oil for this DIY hair mask. To get started, take this quiz to determine which carrier oil you prefer. If you still have questions, we’ve got your back! Check out this post for the lowdown on the most common carrier oils.
When in doubt, Young Living’s V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex is a great go-to carrier oil.
How to make a DIY Rosemary and Ginger hair mask
- 3─4 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 2─3 drops Ginger essential oil
- 2 tablespoons carrier oil, such as coconut, almond, or olive oil
- Begin with clean hair, as leftover product buildup on the hair and scalp will prevent your mask from soaking in fully.
- Combine the Rosemary and Ginger essential oils with the carrier oil in a small bowl.
- Grab a comb and begin parting your hair in sections.
- Apply the mixture from your scalp to your roots using your fingers. You can also use a comb if that is easier to spread the product throughout the hair. Focus mainly on the scalp, allowing the oil to fully saturate the area.
- Leave the mixture in your hair for 15─30 minutes, then wash as usual.
- Apply this mask twice per week for best results.
YL tip: This is a great opportunity to play around with other essential oils that are also known for amping up your hair routine. Try replacing the essential oils in this recipe with Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage, Tea Tree, or Geranium. If you do, let us know which mask combo is your favorite!
The post Maintain your mane at home with this DIY hair mask appeared first on Young Living Blog.