Tips from Young Living
DIY Oil-Infused Gifts for Kids
Check out these fun gifts that your kids will love!
Essential Oil-Infused Play Dough
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbls vegetable oil
- 4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Essential oils
- Food coloring or natural dye (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Place over medium heat and stir gently and consistently—being cautious to not let the mixture stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Continue stirring and within a few minutes the liquid mixture will turn to a dough form. Be careful not to overcook, the dough will look very salty if this is the case. The consistency should be smooth and even.
- Take out the dough, and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Add your coloring and knead.
- Add your favorite essential oils once the dough is cooled!
- Separate into separate containers for friends, or keep the dough for yourself!
- Store in an airtight container.
- If you are wanting the dough all one color, it works well to add the coloring while the mixture is in the liquid form, while you are stirring it over med heat.
- If the dough isn’t forming, turn the heat up slightly, but make sure you continue stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan
- 2 ½ cups fine sand
- 1 ½ cups cornstarch
- ½ cups coconut oil
- Natural food coloring (optional)
- Essential Oils
- 2 Tablespoons Natural Besswax Pastilles
- 4 Tablespoons Almond Oil
- Essential oils of your choice
- In a double boiler, melt the beeswax and almond oil.
- Stir gently.
- Once melted, take off of heat and carefully pour into small containers.
- Let cool slightly.
- Add a few drops of essential oils into each container and mix with a toothpick.
- Let mixture solidify, or put in the fridge for the mixture to solidify more quickly.
- Apply to lips as needed!
The post first appeared in the Young Living Training & Education group