All about Helichrysum essential oil
So you want to know more about Helichrysum essential oil? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Let’s dig into how the helichrysum plant’s gorgeous yellow blooms got their name, how they’ve made a comeback after over-harvesting, and what the unique chemical structure of their essential oil can do for you.
Here are some quick, fun facts to get you started:
- The word “helichrysum” comes from Latin and Greek roots, meaning “gold spiral,” and refers to the plant’s bright golden flowers.
- As over-harvesting for essential oil production has put incredible pressure on wild helichrysum, Young Living’s form of responsible helichrysum agriculture at the Dalmatia Aromatic Farm and Distillery in Croatia helps to protect it and serves as a model for better practices.
- In order to grow the flowers in an agricultural setting, Young Living imported special rocks to the farm that replicate the stony soil helichrysum thrives.
- Helichrysum is known as “Immortelle” or “the Everlasting Flower,” because the flowers maintain their vibrant color even when they’re cut and dried.
Now that you know the background, let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Helichrysum essential oil benefits
- Promotes the appearance of youthful, glowing complexion and healthy-looking skin
- Reduces the appearance and texture of uneven skin tone
- Has a sweet, herbaceous, honey-like aroma
- Includes naturally occurring constituents neryl acetate, gamma-curcumene, and alpha-pinene
- Has skin-cleansing properties
- Is a favorite among athletes after intense workouts or playing on the field
Helichrysum essential oil uses
- Let your beauty bloom: Add a few drops to your facial essence, serum, or moisturizer.
- Treat your skin: Dilute it with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex or unscented lotion for a rejuvenating total-body moisturizer.
- Rest up: Use it for a sports massage or after a grueling workout.
- Clear things up: Use as a spot treatment to improve the appearance of blemishes.
- Hit a slump? Throw some Helichrysum essential oiland Eucalyptus Radiata into your diffuser. The fresh, earthy, invigorating scent will perk your space up while you refocus on that mile-long to-do list. It probably wouldn’t hurt during homework time, either.
Here are a number of the essential oil blends and products that we included Helichrysum in!
- CBD Muscle Rub
- Deep Relief Roll-On
- JuvaFlex essential oil blend
- Juva Cleanse® essential oil blend
- PanAway® essential oil blend
- Aroma Life essential oil blend
- M-Grain essential oil blend
- CardioGize supplement
- KidScents® Owie essential oil blend
- Animal Scents® T-Away essential oil blend
- Brain Power essential oil blend