Vitality-Infused Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Send your taste buds on a trip south of the border with this exciting twist on a classic recipe. Pure Vitality™ essential oils add a hint of flavor and spice that take these enchiladas to the next level. Simple, filling, and delicious, this is bound to become a weeknight staple.
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Serving Size: 1-2 tortilllas
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
PRINT recipe by using the green share button
- ½ pound shredded chicken]
- 6–8 Einkorn Tortillas (below)
- ½ cup shredded cheese of your choice
- Homemade Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (below)
- Prepare Homemade Green Chile Enchilada Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1/3 of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch glass baking pan.
- Dip 1 tortilla into sauce and set on plate.
- Place desired amount of shredded chicken and cheese on tortilla and roll up.
- Place tortilla in baking dish.
- Repeat steps 3–5 for remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top and serve.
Homemade Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Anaheim or poblano chiles, roasted and peeled, or
- 1 cup canned diced green chiles, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
- 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Oregano Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Lime Vitality essential oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cover.
- Cook until onions are soft but not brown (about 5–6 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2–3 minutes. Clumping is okay.
- Slowly add broth, whisking constantly to smooth out any lumps.
- Add cumin, chiles, salt, and jalapeno and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce should coat spoon but still drip off.
- Remove from heat and stir in Vitality oils.
- Add additional salt to taste, if needed.
- For a smoother consistency, blend sauce in a food processor or blender.
Einkorn Tortillas Recipe
- 2 cups Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in oil and combine. Mixture should resemble coarse cornmeal.
- Add water and mix until dough holds together. Dough should feel sticky.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal ball-shaped pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to flatten and stretch each ball of dough into a circle, about 7 inches across.
- Heat an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place dough circle in skillet and cook until brown spots begin to appear.
- Flip and do the same on the other side.
- Keep cooked tortillas covered with a clean, dry towel until ready to serve.
- For a customized flavor, add 1–2 drops of your favorite Vitality™ essential oil to the water. We suggest Oregano Vitality, Black Pepper Vitality, or Lime Vitality.