Chili Herb Olive Oil
Oil and vinegar are starting points for many dishes, but their uses are endless. Here’s how to use these flavor-bursting recipes:
- Drizzle over salad on their own or use as a base for homemade salad dressing.
- Marinate meats, tofu, or veggies.
- Pour onto a small plate and use as a dip for bread as an appetizer for parties.
- Pour over warm brie and serve with crackers.
- Trickle over flatbread pizzas.
- Swap bland oil and vinegar in your go-to sauces like pad thai, pasta, or enchilada sauce.
Looking to take the go-to dishes in your cooking arsenal from can-do to can’t live without? Elevate your basic cooking ingredients with our Vitality™ essential oil line! We’ve got recipes to help turn standard ingredients like olive oil and vinegar into superstar bases that’ll make your dishes a home run! Simply add Vitality essential oils, herbs, and spices to olive oil and vinegar and get mixing.
Boost your finger-lickin’ foods with a flavor kick that’ll have the whole family coming back for seconds! The chili peppers and Black Pepper Vitality spark a hint of spice, while a variety of herbs round out the over all flavor.
- 10 ounces olive oil
- 5 dried chilies or a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- Handful of oregano
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 4 drops Oregano Vitality™
- 3 drops Black Pepper Vitality™
- Pour the olive oil into a pot or saucepan. Keep on low heat until it starts to bubble.
- Mix in the herbs.
- Let it simmer until the oil is fragrant. Be sure not to let the herbs brown.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Add drops of Vitality oil into the mixture. Remember, less is more. Start with fewer drops, then add more to taste if desired.
- Funnel the mixture into bottles.