20-Minute Game Day Lettuce Wrap Recipe
March Madness means basketball, brackets, and spending time with your favorite crew. But let’s get real: It’s also about the finger foods.
These yummy Thai-style lettuce wraps will keep you fueled throughout the game. The best part? They’ll take only 20 minutes to make, leaving plenty of time on the clock to don a jersey and face paint. Try these out for your March Madness party or for any casual get-together!
Game Day Lettuce Wraps
Use essential oil recipes to revamp your typical game day spread. In this snack, the classic lettuce wrap gets a burst of flavor from Ginger Vitality™ and Basil Vitality™ essential oils, part of the Young Living Vitality™ line. Plus, this easy lettuce wrap recipe makes it simple to prepare wholesome food everyone loves—so you can enjoy the game, too!
PRINT recipe by using the green share button
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken, turkey, or chopped mushrooms for a vegetarian option
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 drops Ginger Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Basil Vitality™ essential oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- Spritz cabbage, red pepper, green onions, and lettuce with Thieves Fruit & Veggie Spray, rinse, and cut.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet until very hot. Add ground chicken or turkey and cook about 3 minutes on medium-high heat until it begins to brown.
- Add red curry paste, garlic, diced peppers, cabbage, and water chestnuts and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add hoisin sauce and green onions and toss.
- Stir in Ginger Vitality and Basil Vitality essential oils.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl.
- To serve, place spoonfuls of filling into pieces of lettuce.
Click the links below to see more about these amazing oils.
This post first appeared on the Young Living blog