About This Product
Spearmint Essential Oil
Native to Europe and temperate Southern Asia, spearmint is a common culinary herb often used to flavor food and beverages. Spearmint essential oil can be diffused, used to freshen breath, or inhaled or applied topically for its cool and comforting aroma. Spearmint Vitality™ essential oil adds a minty, herbal flavor to food and beverages and may provide digestive and general wellness support when taken internally.* Spearmint and Spearmint Vitality are the same essential oil.
10 Essential Oil Diffuser Blends Inspired by U.S. National Forests
10 Essential Oil Uses We Bet You’ve Never Tried
100 Years of Diffuser Blends: A Blend for Each Decade
20 Essential Oils Practically Made for Summer
21 Ways to Reuse Empty Essential Oil Bottles
50 Diffuser Blends for 50 States
DIY Garbage Disposal Fresheners
Ever wonder what that funky smell is coming from your kitchen sink? We’re not exactly sure what it is either, but we do have a solution: DIY garbage disposal fresheners!
This easy DIY takes less than an hour, including cleaning up after! It’s natural and the fresheners will make your garbage disposal smell as fresh and clean as the day you bought it.
• 1 cup baking soda
• ½ cup salt
• ¾ cup liquid Castile soap
• 30 drops essential oil
• Measuring spoon (we used a tablespoon)
1. Combine baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Add Castile soap and essential oils. (See our scent ideas below!)
3. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture reaches the texture of wet sand. (YL tip: If you add too much water, the mixture won’t pack together or dry properly. Add more baking soda and salt to get the texture of wet sand.)
4. Pack the mixture into the measuring spoon. (YL tip: To get your freshener out of the measuring spoon, tap the spoon lightly on the counter until the contents slide out. Be careful! The mixture hasn’t dried yet, so it might be fragile.)
5. Let the fresheners dry for about 24 hours.
6. Store in a sealed glass jar and keep dry.
Put 1-3 fresheners in your garbage disposal. Turn the faucet on a steady cold stream and run the disposal for up to 1 minute.
• Classic Clean: 20 drops Thieves® and 10 drops Lemon
• Citrus Herb: 10 drops Rosemary, 10 drops Grapefruit, 5 drops Lemon, and 5 drops Peppermint
• Freshen Up: 10 drops Purification®, 10 drops Eucalyptus Radiata, and 10 drops Spearmint
Expand Your Knowledge
What are “hot” Oils and How Can I Use Them?
Why Should You Put Essential Oils on Your Feet?
The Science Behind Aromatherapy
Which Type of Diffuser is Right for You?
The Story Behind Essential Oil Prices
How to Buy Essential Oils
10 Biggest Essential Oil Mistakes
Reinvent Your Routines With These Essential Oil Hacks
Beginner’s Guide to Essential Oils
Farm Facts: Quality Essential Oils from the Ground Up
* The statements and information regarding this product have not been evaluated by the FDA. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Most of the product information describing Young Living products is directly from Young Living Essential Oils, LC, and can be found online at YoungLiving.com