About This Product
Sage Essential Oil
Known as “herba sacra,” or “sacred herb,” by the ancient Romans, sage (Salvia officinalis) derives its botanical name from the Latin word for salvation. Traditionally used in clearing rituals, Sage essential oil has a bold, herbaceous aroma that can be used aromatically for this same purpose. Sage Vitality™ essential oil has a rich, savory flavor and may provide support for women’s health and the digestive system when taken internally.* Sage and Sage Vitality are the same essential oil.
10 Essential Oil Diffuser Blends Inspired by U.S. National Forests
50 Diffuser Blends for 50 States
8 Diffuser Blends You’ve Got to Try: We Have One for Every Room!
Clary Sage Essential Oil: Your New Secret Weapon
Essential Oils in the Nursery
Hello, Handsome! 15 Essential Oils for Beards (plus 3 tips)
Diffusing Blends with This Oil
These are approximate drops. Adjust recipes to your needs. If a recipe is too strong for you, add fewer drops. Do you need more? Just add more, but no more than 8-12 drops for all of our diffusers with the exception of the Aria diffuser which requires 15-25 drops.
Tip: When you first begin diffusing, start with less essential oil than listed in the recipes and build to more as desired. You should give your body time to adjust to the essential oils. Almost all the Young Living diffusers are ultrasonic which provides a cool-mist humidifier along with the essential oils. These diffusers are safe to run all day. Pay attention to the size of the room because the size will impact the intensity of diffusing. Nebulizers and atomizers are different than ultrasonic diffusers because they do not use water. For these, note the time limit for diffusing stated on each individual oil bottle.
DIY Exfoliating Soap
Dry, itchy skin got you down? Don’t worry, there’s hope—or rather, soap—for that! With our all-natural, homemade exfoliating soaps, hydrated skin is only a shower away.
Gentle exfoliation is the key to silky-soft skin. Our DIY soap bars include natural exfoliating ingredients to remove dead skin from the surface, plus a combination of coconut and essential oils to soothe as you scrub.
After a couple weeks, don’t be surprised if your friends are all, “Look at you glow, girl!” the next time you meet for lunch.
• 6 ounces suspended organic melt and pour glycerin soap
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• Exfoliating ingredient
• Essential oils
1. Cut soap into about 1-inch cubes.
2. Put soap and coconut oil in a large microwave-safe bowl.
3. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until soap is completely melted, stirring in between to smooth clumps.
4. Add essential oils and mix well.
5. Add exfoliating ingredient slowly, stirring well to combine and remove all clumps. Work quickly before the soap gets too cool.
6. Pour into molds. Let sit until solid, approximately 1-3 hours.
Rosemary-Lemon-Sage soap with cornmeal
• 1 tablespoon cornmeal
• 10 drops Lemon essential oil
• 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
• 10 drops Sage essential oil
Cinnamon-Orange-Ginger soap with coffee grounds
• 2 tablespoon organic coffee grounds
• 15 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
• 10 drops Ginger essential oil
• 10 drops Orange essential oil
Joy-Geranium-Patchouli soap with poppy seeds and pink Himalayan salt
• 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
• 1-2 tablespoons fine pink Himalayan salt
• 15 drops Joy essential oil blend
• 10 drops Patchouli essential oil
• 10 drops Geranium essential oil
Expand Your Knowledge
What are “hot” Oils and How Can I Use Them?
Why Should You Put Essential Oils on Your Feet?
The Science Behind Aromatherapy
Which Type of Diffuser is Right for You?
The Story Behind Essential Oil Prices
How to Buy Essential Oils
10 Biggest Essential Oil Mistakes
Reinvent Your Routines With These Essential Oil Hacks
Beginner’s Guide to Essential Oils
Farm Facts: Quality Essential Oils from the Ground Up
* The statements and information regarding this product have not been evaluated by the FDA. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Most of the product information describing Young Living products is directly from Young Living Essential Oils, LC, and can be found online at YoungLiving.com