Orange Essential Oil
Originally native to Asia, orange trees are now cultivated around the world, including in France, Germany, and the United States. An evergreen plant, mature orange trees can reach a height of 30 feet. Known as liquid sunshine, Orange essential oil has a sweet and uplifting aroma that brightens any room and cleanses the air when diffused. Applied topically, Orange essential oil may reduce the appearance of blemishes. Orange Vitality™ essential oil has a sweet, citrusy flavor and provides digestive and immune support when taken internally.* Orange and Orange Vitality are the same essential oil.
Features & Benefits
Has a sweet, uplifting, citrus aroma
May help reduce the appearance of blemishes when applied topically
Removes sticky adhesives and residues from non-porous surfaces
May provide digestive and immune support when taken internally*
10 Essential Oil Uses We Bet You’ve Never Tried
100 Years of Diffuser Blends: A Blend for Each Decade
12 Days of Christmas Diffuser Blends
14 Things Orange Essential Oil Lovers Have to Try!
15 Essential Oils That Smell Better in the Fall
20 Essential Oils Practically Made for Summer
These are approximate drops. Adjust recipes to your needs. If a recipe is too strong for you, add fewer drops. Do you need more? Just add more, but no more than 8-12 drops for all of our diffusers with the exception of the Aria diffuser which requires 15-25 drops.
Tip: When you first begin diffusing, start with less essential oil than listed in the recipes and build to more as desired. You should give your body time to adjust to the essential oils. Almost all the Young Living diffusers are ultrasonic which provides a cool-mist humidifier along with the essential oils. These diffusers are safe to run all day. Pay attention to the size of the room because the size will impact the intensity of diffusing. Nebulizers and atomizers are different than ultrasonic diffusers because they do not use water. For these, note the time limit for diffusing stated on each individual oil bottle.
DIY Exfoliating Soap
Dry, itchy skin got you down? Don’t worry, there’s hope—or rather, soap—for that! With our all-natural, homemade exfoliating soaps, hydrated skin is only a shower away.
Gentle exfoliation is the key to silky-soft skin. Our DIY soap bars include natural exfoliating ingredients to remove dead skin from the surface, plus a combination of coconut and essential oils to soothe as you scrub.
After a couple weeks, don’t be surprised if your friends are all, “Look at you glow, girl!” the next time you meet for lunch.
• 6 ounces suspended organic melt and pour glycerin soap
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• Exfoliating ingredient
• Essential oils
1. Cut soap into about 1-inch cubes.
2. Put soap and coconut oil in a large microwave-safe bowl.
3. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until soap is completely melted, stirring in between to smooth clumps.
4. Add essential oils and mix well.
5. Add exfoliating ingredient slowly, stirring well to combine and remove all clumps. Work quickly before the soap gets too cool.
6. Pour into molds. Let sit until solid, approximately 1-3 hours.
Rosemary-Lemon-Sage soap with cornmeal
• 1 tablespoon cornmeal
• 10 drops Lemon essential oil
• 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
• 10 drops Sage essential oil
Cinnamon-Orange-Ginger soap with coffee grounds
• 2 tablespoon organic coffee grounds
• 15 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
• 10 drops Ginger essential oil
• 10 drops Orange essential oil
Joy-Geranium-Patchouli soap with poppy seeds and pink Himalayan salt
• 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
• 1-2 tablespoons fine pink Himalayan salt
• 15 drops Joy essential oil blend
• 10 drops Patchouli essential oil
• 10 drops Geranium essential oil
Expand Your Knowledge
Can essential oils expire? Understanding essential oil oxidation
Why Patents Matter to Essential Oils
How to Store Essential Oils: Get the Most Out of Each Drop
What are “hot” Oils and How Can I Use Them?
Why Should You Put Essential Oils on Your Feet?
The Science Behind Aromatherapy
Which Type of Diffuser is Right for You?
The Story Behind Essential Oil Prices
How to Buy Essential Oils
10 Biggest Essential Oil Mistakes
* The statements and information regarding this product have not been evaluated by the FDA. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Most of the product information describing Young Living products is directly from Young Living Essential Oils, LC, and can be found online at YoungLiving.com