About This Product
Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass is steam distilled from Cymbopogon flexuosus, one of several aromatic flowering grasses in the Poaceae family. Originally native to India and Guatemala, this botanical now thrives around the world in warm, tropical climates. Lemongrass has a fresh aroma that neutralizes odors and makes an excellent addition to home cleaning solutions. Applied topically, it can be used to cleanse the skin and enhance massage. Lemongrass Vitality™ essential oil has a bright, citrusy flavor and may provide circulatory and digestive support when taken internally.* Lemongrass and Lemongrass Vitality are the same essential oil.
Features & Benefits
Has a fresh, lemony aroma that neutralizes unwanted odors when diffused or used in home cleaning
Enhances massage following physical activity
Can be used to help fend off outdoor annoyances
May help to maintain a healthy circulatory system when taken internally*
May provide digestive and general wellness support when taken internally*
100 Years of Diffuser Blends: A Blend for Each Decade
12 Days of Christmas Diffuser Blends
12 Essential Oils to Go from Newbie to Pro
15 Ways to Feel More Powerful
20 Essential Oils Practically Made for Summer
20 Essential Oils Under $20
- Dilute Lemongrass with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex for massage after workouts, sports, or just a long and busy day.
- Add Lemongrass to your nightly face regimen for its skin-cleansing benefits.
- Freshen up a damp or musty bathroom with Lemongrass’s bright, sweet fragrance.
- Bring an uplifting note to a yoga or meditation session by filling your workout room with the crisp, grassy aroma.
- Diffuse 8–10 drops in your favorite diffuser or add a few drops to your cleaning formulas to fill your home with the clean and refreshing smell of Lemongrass and to help with musky odors.
- Make your own substitute for chemical-based air fresheners. Add up to 10 drops to a small spray bottle filled with distilled water and spritz it over carpets, furniture, and linens to eliminate stale odors.
These are approximate drops. Adjust recipes to your needs. If a recipe is too strong for you, add fewer drops. Do you need more? Just add more, but no more than 8-12 drops for all of our diffusers with the exception of the Aria diffuser which requires 15-25 drops.
Tip: When you first begin diffusing, start with less essential oil than listed in the recipes and build to more as desired. You should give your body time to adjust to the essential oils. Almost all the Young Living diffusers are ultrasonic which provides a cool-mist humidifier along with the essential oils. These diffusers are safe to run all day. Pay attention to the size of the room because the size will impact the intensity of diffusing. Nebulizers and atomizers are different than ultrasonic diffusers because they do not use water. For these, note the time limit for diffusing stated on each individual oil bottle.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 5 drops Citronella
- 3 drops Geranium
- 2 drops Tea Tree
- 2 drops Lemongrass
- 4 drops Cinnamon Bark
- 2 drops Lemongrass
- 2 drops Grapefruit
- 2 drops Bergamot
- 4 drops Lemon
- 4 drops Stress Away™
- 2 drops Lemongrass
DIY Essential Oil Floating Candle Jar
Classy doesn’t need to be complicated. This DIY candle bowl project will instantly transform your everyday backyard party or BBQ into an enchanting, fragrance-filled summer celebration. All it takes are a few odds and ends you likely have just lying around the house! Make a collection of these Citronella candle bowls and arrange them around the patio, then sit back and enjoy the relaxing glow and the warm summer scent of Lemongrass and Citronella essential oil.
Expand Your Knowledge
Can essential oils expire? Understanding essential oil oxidation
Why Patents Matter to Essential Oils
How to Store Essential Oils: Get the Most Out of Each Drop
What are “hot” Oils and How Can I Use Them?
Why Should You Put Essential Oils on Your Feet?
The Science Behind Aromatherapy
Which Type of Diffuser is Right for You?
The Story Behind Essential Oil Prices
How to Buy Essential Oils
10 Biggest Essential Oil Mistakes
* The statements and information regarding this product have not been evaluated by the FDA. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Most of the product information describing Young Living products is directly from Young Living Essential Oils, LC, and can be found online at YoungLiving.com