About This Product
Grapefruit Essential Oil
A natural cross of the pomelo and the sweet orange, grapefruit likely originated in Jamaica before spreading to America and throughout citrus-growing areas. Today this evergreen tree is cultivated in the United States, South Africa, Brazil, and Israel. Grapefruit essential oil has a zesty, uplifting aroma that refreshes the air when diffused. It also provides cleansing action, making it a popular addition to skin care and home cleaning products. Grapefruit Vitality™ essential oil adds a fresh, citrusy flavor to food and beverages and may provide circulatory and lymphatic support and help support healthy weight management when taken internally.* Grapefruit and Grapefruit Vitality are the same essential oil.
Features & Benefits
Has a fresh, uplifting, citrus aroma
Neutralizes unwanted odors and cleanses the air when diffused
Is a great addition to household cleaning solutions
May support the lymphatic and circulatory systems and support healthy weight management when taken internally*
10 Essential Oil Diffuser Blends Inspired by U.S. National Forests
10 Essential Oil Uses We Bet You’ve Never Tried
10 Things Essential Oil Users Do Differently
100 Years of Diffuser Blends: A Blend for Each Decade
12 Days of Christmas Diffuser Blends
20 Essential Oils Practically Made for Summer
These are approximate drops. Adjust recipes to your needs. If a recipe is too strong for you, add fewer drops. Do you need more? Just add more, but no more than 8-12 drops for all of our diffusers with the exception of the Aria diffuser which requires 15-25 drops.
Tip: When you first begin diffusing, start with less essential oil than listed in the recipes and build to more as desired. You should give your body time to adjust to the essential oils. Almost all the Young Living diffusers are ultrasonic which provides a cool-mist humidifier along with the essential oils. These diffusers are safe to run all day. Pay attention to the size of the room because the size will impact the intensity of diffusing. Nebulizers and atomizers are different than ultrasonic diffusers because they do not use water. For these, note the time limit for diffusing stated on each individual oil bottle.
DIY Grapefruit Salt Scrub
This DIY salt scrub is the pampering your winter skin needs. Use this homemade salt scrub recipe, with a carrier oil of mango kernel oil and infused with grapefruit essential oil, to gently exfoliate while enjoying the benefits of Himalayan salt and dead sea salt. DIY skincare has never been so easy or so luxurious!
• ½ Cup Himalayan Rock Salt
• ½ Cup Dead Sea Salt
• ⅓ Cup Mango Kernel Oil
• Juice of 1 fresh lemon
• 10-15 drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil
1. Measure out salt into a bowl
2. Add Lemon Juice
3. Emulsify Grapefruit Essential Oil into mango oil
4. Add oils to the salt mixture
5. Store in an airtight container
You’ll love the silky feel of your skin after a relaxing evening bath! Just make sure to check out http://www.youngliving.com/grapefruit for information on photosensitivity recommendations that apply when using citrus essential oils.
DIY Bath Jellies with Essential Oils
Bounce into the bath or shower with these fanciful, fragrant, essential oil-infused DIY YL bath jellies! Our simple recipe and customized fragrance blends will add some jiggly joy to your shower, bath, or hand-washing routine. Your kids’ bath has never been more fun.
Made with essential oils and your favorite basic soap (we loved using Young Living’s Bath and Shower Gel base, add some jiggly fun to your washing experience.
• Natural coloring
• An essential oil blend from our 5 splashy summer ideas found on the blog!
• Silicone molds
• 1 teaspoon unsweetened, unflavored gelatin
• ¾ cup distilled water
• ½ cup unscented liquid soap
• Isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle
1. Mix the water and gelatin in a heat-safe bowl or pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add the liquid soap and stir until incorporated.
3. Add 1-2 drops of natural coloring.
4. Add 10-12 drops of essential oil. Try one of our cheerful blend ideas below!
5. Pour the mixture into silicon molds.
6. If bubbles form on the top of the liquid, spray with isopropyl alcohol to smooth the surface.
7. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
8. Add water and lather up!
9. Store jellies in the refrigerator when not in use to prevent them from melting and losing their shape.
DIY Garbage Disposal Fresheners
Ever wonder what that funky smell is coming from your kitchen sink? We’re not exactly sure what it is either, but we do have a solution: DIY garbage disposal fresheners!
This easy DIY takes less than an hour, including cleaning up after! It’s natural and the fresheners will make your garbage disposal smell as fresh and clean as the day you bought it.
• 1 cup baking soda
• ½ cup salt
• ¾ cup liquid Castile soap
• 30 drops essential oil
• Measuring spoon (we used a tablespoon)
1. Combine baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Add Castile soap and essential oils. (See our scent ideas below!)
3. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture reaches the texture of wet sand. (YL tip: If you add too much water, the mixture won’t pack together or dry properly. Add more baking soda and salt to get the texture of wet sand.)
4. Pack the mixture into the measuring spoon. (YL tip: To get your freshener out of the measuring spoon, tap the spoon lightly on the counter until the contents slide out. Be careful! The mixture hasn’t dried yet, so it might be fragile.)
5. Let the fresheners dry for about 24 hours.
6. Store in a sealed glass jar and keep dry.
Put 1-3 fresheners in your garbage disposal. Turn the faucet on a steady cold stream and run the disposal for up to 1 minute.
• Classic Clean: 20 drops Thieves® and 10 drops Lemon
• Citrus Herb: 10 drops Rosemary, 10 drops Grapefruit, 5 drops Lemon, and 5 drops Peppermint
• Freshen Up: 10 drops Purification®, 10 drops Eucalyptus Radiata, and 10 drops Spearmint
Expand Your Knowledge
Can essential oils expire? Understanding essential oil oxidation
Why Patents Matter to Essential Oils
How to Store Essential Oils: Get the Most Out of Each Drop
What are “hot” Oils and How Can I Use Them?
Why Should You Put Essential Oils on Your Feet?
The Science Behind Aromatherapy
Which Type of Diffuser is Right for You?
The Story Behind Essential Oil Prices
How to Buy Essential Oils
10 Biggest Essential Oil Mistakes
* The statements and information regarding this product have not been evaluated by the FDA. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Most of the product information describing Young Living products is directly from Young Living Essential Oils, LC, and can be found online at YoungLiving.com