About This Product
Citrus Fresh Vitality Essential Oil
Citrus Fresh Vitality was created to enhance the flavor of baked goods, marinades for chicken and seafood, salad dressings, and so much more! It combines essential oils from beloved citrus fruits such as grapefruit—first discovered in Barbados—and lemon—thought to have origins in India. Obtained through a combination of steam distillation and cold pressing, these essential oils come together for an unforgettable flavor.
12 Days of Christmas Diffuser Blends
15 of the Best-ever Solutions to Get Your Home Smelling Divine
15 Reasons Rosemary Essential Oil Should be Your New Obsession
20 Essential Oils Under $20
21 Signs You’re Obsessed with Essential Oils
21 Ways to Reuse Empty Essential Oil Bottles
- How to Use Citrus Fresh
- Vitality Oils Conversion Tip
- NingXia Boost
- Cowboy Caviar
- Berry Fresh Lemonade
- Young Living Guacamole
- Coconut Mango Spinach Smoothie
How to Use Citrus Fresh
Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend is one of our popular blends among our members. In this video, the Young Living Training and Education share different ways to use it. From cleaning, diffusing, or even adding Citrus Fresh Vitality in your NingXia Red, this is an extremely versatile oil that everyone should have!
Vitality Oils Conversion Tip
There are so many wonderful recipes out there where you can easily substitute your Young Living Vitality Oils for the same fresh or dried ingredient; try it in some of your own favorites. There isn’t a hard rule for how to do this. All of our tastes in strength in flavor are different. When in doubt try less. You can always add more if you like.
When you are cooking with Vitality essential oils, keep in mind that essential oils are volatile. This means that the oil molecules want to escape into the air; they will dissipate. When you add heat to the equation, it makes them escape more quickly. With certain protein-based dishes like chicken, I find that I get more flavor when I add the Vitality oils to the dishes when they are finished. When I have something that I have to refrigerate, such as a fruit salad, I’ll add the oil just before serving. Experiment – see what works for you.
Here is a chart to help you with Vitality oil conversion. Again, it is a guideline – flavor to your liking.
- 1 Citrus Fruit, juiced = 10 to 15 Drops of a Vitality oil
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs or Spices = 1 Drop or less of a Vitality oil.
- 1 Teaspoon Herbs or Spices = Dip a toothpick in the Vitality oil. Swirl the toothpick through the wet ingredients and mix.
Drink each day or whenever you’re looking for a quick burst of nutrients and flavor.
- 2 oz NingXia Red
- 1–2 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality™
This flavorful dish is from The Young Living Cookbook, which I highly recommend that you buy. There are a lot of healthy, delicious recipes in there. This recipe was given by Kelly O’Hanlon and is best served with baked chips, pita chips, or your favorite crackers.
- 1 can black beans, thoroughly rinsed
- 1 can niblet corn, drained
- 1/2 cup of Young Living Organic Dried Wolfberries
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil
- 1 tablespoon Young Living JuvaPower
- Combine beans, corn, wolfberries, avocado, and bell pepper.
- Squeeze lime over mixture.
- Add Citrus Fresh Vitality*, and JuvaPower.
Makes 5 cups.
Note: When using the Vitality oils to flavor your dishes it is best to wait to add them to the dishes just before serving, especially if the recipe requires refrigeration. Essential oils can dissipate and you will have lost the flavor that they bring to the recipe.
Berry Fresh Lemonade
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 drops Lemon Vitality essential oil
- 5 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3-4 cups of water
- Optional: sweetener of your choice – Stevia, Monkfruit, honey or raw sugar to taste
- Add Lemon & Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oils to the lemon juice.
- Puree berries and add to the lemon juice mixture. Stir well.
- Add 3 cups of water & taste. If flavor is too strong, add additional water. If too tart, stir in choice of sweetener.
- Chill before serving.
- Add sliced fruit and ice cubes to serve.
Young Living Guacamole
- 2 avocados
- 2 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality
- 1 drop Lime Vitality
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- pinch of salt & black pepper
- Remove the pit from the avocados and scoop the flesh into a bowl, mashing roughly with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until mixed.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with your favorite Mexican-inspired dishes!
Coconut Mango Spinach Smoothie
- 1 large handful organic baby spinach
- 1 cup of frozen mango
- 1/2 of a small avocado (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk
- 2-4 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Garnish with a sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a high powered blender, place all ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Use less or more liquid to reach the desired consistency you enjoy.
- Pour into two glasses, garnish if desired, and enjoy.
Expand Your Knowledge
Can essential oils expire? Understanding essential oil oxidation
Why Patents Matter to Essential Oils
How to Store Essential Oils: Get the Most Out of Each Drop
What are “hot” Oils and How Can I Use Them?
Why Should You Put Essential Oils on Your Feet?
The Science Behind Aromatherapy
Which Type of Diffuser is Right for You?
The Story Behind Essential Oil Prices
* The statements and information regarding this product have not been evaluated by the FDA. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Most of the product information describing Young Living products is directly from Young Living Essential Oils, LC, and can be found online at YoungLiving.com