About This Product
Black Pepper Vitality Essential Oil
Black pepper is the most common and potent flavoring of the peppercorn family.
It was used by Egyptians in mummification as evidenced by the discovery of black pepper in the nostrils and abdomen of Ramses II. Indian monks ate several black peppercorns a day to give them endurance during their arduous travels. In ancient times pepper was as valuable as gold or silver. Black Pepper Vitality contains antioxidants and may support healthy weight management and support the digestive system when taken as a dietary supplement. In addition, it can be used in place of ground black pepper to spice up your favorite soup, rub, or marinade recipes.
10 Biggest Essential Oil Mistakes
9 Next-level Benefits of Black Pepper Essential Oil
Chili Herb Olive Oil
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Holiday Mocktails that are (Almost) too Pretty to Drink
Hot Chocolate with Vitality Oils
Spicy Potato Salad
Nothing says picnic or family gathering like a good potato salad. However, the traditional recipe can be hard to travel with, think of all that mayonnaise, and can be heavy on the stomach. For a new, lighter spin on this traditional picnic food favorite, try our spicy potato salad recipe. Infused with Coriander, Lime, and Black Pepper Vitality™ Essential Oils and fresh herbs, this salad packs a delightful punch of flavor.
6 medium-sized gold potatoes, peeled
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 drops of Coriander Vitality™ Essential Oil
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp ground turmeric
4 drops of Lime Vitality™ Essential Oil
1 drop Black Pepper Vitality™ Essential Oil
1 cup dried Wolfberries
1 packed cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 packed cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 packed cup chopped fresh dill
Salt and Pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and place them in a large pot of boiling water. Cook for about 10 minutes until soft, but not mushy.
2. Drain the potatoes, dry them, and cube them.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet on medium. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, and dried wolfberries. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the turmeric.
4. Toss in the potatoes, and mix well to coat. Add the fresh cilantro, parsley and dill. Cook for 4 more minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Mix 2 tablespoon of olive oil with all the Vitality Essential Oils. Drizzle over the potato salad until fully mixed.
6. Add salt and black pepper to your taste.
7. Top with more red pepper flakes and the remaining fresh herbs.
8. You can serve this potato salad warm or at room temperature.
Vitality Infused Olive Oils & Vinegars
Dig into delicious dishes with an infusion of Vitality™ essential oils. Add your favorite oils from our Vitality line to vinegars and olive oil for a harmonious blend of simple and satisfying flavors that turn classic recipes into standout delights! Use these creations to spice up your cooking, dip your warm bread in, or as a finishing touch to salad dressing, roasted meats, or fish! In this video, we’re sharing our three favorite recipes: chili herb-infused olive oil, lemon herb-infused olive oil, and citrus vinegar. While we’re obsessed with these flavors, feel free to create your own.
Cooking instructions for olive oil:
1. Pour the olive oil into a big pot or saucepan. Keep on low heat until it starts to bubble.
2. Mix in the herbs and let it cook until the oil is fragrant. Be sure not to brown the herbs.
3. Turn off the heat and let the oil cool.
4. Add the drops of Vitality oil into the mixture.
YL tip: Remember, less is more. Vitality oils can be potent, so start with fewer drops and add more for a bolder flavor.
5. Funnel the mixture into the bottles.
Chili Herb-Infused Olive Oil ingredients:
• 10 ounces olive oil
• 5 dried chilis
• 4 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
• Handful of oregano
YL tip: Substitute oregano with rosemary or thyme.
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• Oregano Vitality™ essential oil
• Black Pepper Vitality™ essential oil
Lemon Herb-Infused Olive Oil ingredients:
• 10 ounces olive oil
• 2 drops Rosemary Vitality™ essential oil
• 4 drops Lemon Vitality™ essential oil
• 2 drops Basil Vitality™ essential oil
• Handful of freshly sliced lemons
• Handful each of rosemary and basil
Instructions for vinegar:
1. Slice your favorite fruit and put in a 16-ounce bottle or jar.
2. Pour vinegar into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
3. Pour hot vinegar into your bottle or jar over the fruit. Let it stand at room temperature for 8 hours.
4. Add Vitality essential oil.
5. Shake well before using, as oil and vinegar don’t mix.
Citrus Vinegar Ingredients:
• 12 ounces white wine vinegar
• 1 small grapefruit
• 1 small lime
• 1 small orange
• Orange Vitality™ essential oil
• Lime Vitality™ essential oil
• Grapefruit Vitality™ essential oil
Sweet Potato Bites
Celebrate a guilt-free Super Bowl Sunday with healthy recipes infused with the flavor of pure essential oils! These sweet potato party bites are garnished with avocado dip, tomatoes, and cilantro for a perfectly fresh and satisfying bite every time. The best part? Easy game day recipes like this one let you spend less time in the kitchen and more time cheering on your team with your friends and family!
1½ tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for greasing
Black Pepper Vitality™
2 sweet potatoes, unpeeled
1 teaspoon salt
4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced (optional)
2 drops Lemon Vitality™
1 drop Lime Vitality™
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1–2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1. Place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of your oven and preheat to 425⁰ F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and lightly coat with olive oil.
2. Dip a toothpick into Black Pepper Vitality essential oil and swirl the toothpick in 1½ tablespoons olive oil. Continue blending essential oil and olive oil until you’ve reached your desired flavor.
3. Scrub sweet potatoes until clean and cut into ½-inch slices. Arrange in a single layer on greased baking sheets, then brush sweet potato tops with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle slices with salt. Roast for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown underneath.
4. If you’re not using mozzarella, flip slices and roast for an additional 10 minutes or until cooked through. If you are using mozzarella, remove sweet potatoes from the oven at 8 minutes, top with a mozzarella slice, return to oven, and bake for remaining 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
5. Remove baking sheets from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, use a fork to mash together avocados, Lemon Vitality, Lime Vitality, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic.
7. Top slices with a dollop of avocado mixture and garnish with chopped tomatoes and cilantro. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Expand Your Knowledge
10 Biggest Essential Oil Mistakes
Baking with Einkorn: Pumpkin Cookies
Summer is Almost Here: Get Grilling Season Ready with Essential Oils
8 Tips to Elevate Your Essential Oil Game
Thanksgiving with Vitality Oils
Just a Dash: How to Make Essential Oil-Infused Sea Salt
Lemon Herb Olive Oil
* The statements and information regarding this product have not been evaluated by the FDA. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Most of the product information describing Young Living products is directly from Young Living Essential Oils, LC, and can be found online at YoungLiving.com